It’s not hard to see that our family spends a lot of time outdoors. Some of our favorite activities include hiking and camping. I’m kind of embarrassed to even tell you that we don’t usually carry a water filtration device with us, but instead lug all of our water around on our backs. I know that seems crazy, but the idea of one more thing to carry and construct when you’re hauling three kids just doesn’t seem appealing. I’ve even turned down several offers to review water purification systems because I just didn’t want to mess with them for family trips.
But then we had an opportunity to review the LifeStraw. It seemed pretty awesome so we decided to try it.
Y’all...it rocked our world. It is so simple to use and so effective. Seriously, you just take it out of the box, stick it in the water and drink. Have I mention that I love, um, I mean, need simple? Here’s some product info:
· Anyone who can use a drinking straw can use a LifeStraw®. LifeStraw® uses hollow fiber microfiltration technology to remove up to 99.99999 percent of waterborne bacteria and 99.9 percent of waterborne protozoan cysts to provide clean, safe potable water.
· At only 2 oz., Lifestraw is ideal for hiking, camping, running, traveling, working out, sporting events and more, all the while ensuring you’ll have 1,000 liters of clean water right in your pocket.
· LifeStraw® has been designed to last. The filter is made of durable plastic, is chemical-free, and does not require electrical power, batteries or replacement parts; it is powered by user-generated suction
· It removes virtually all bacteria and protozoa parasites that can contaminate water, and it reduces muddiness by filtering out particulate matter.
· Swiss-based company Vestergaard originally introduced LifeStraw® as an emergency response tool and it has been used by millions of victims of floods and earthquakes. LifeStraw® has also been used to fill the need for safe water in non-emergency situations in developing countries.
What’s even better is that for every LifeStraw sold, some of the funds go towards providing LifeStraws in Africa. Seriously, does it get any better? Simple, effective water purification that does some good for humanity.
“When you purchase any type of LifeStraw® filter, we use part of the funds to distribute LifeStraw® Community institutional water purifiers to schools in Africa. LifeStraw® Community is specifically designed to deliver clean, safe water to school children by removing waterborne pathogens and dirt commonly found in source water” You can read more about the program here on their website.
And to show you how simple and awesome the LifeStraw really is, I let Big Brother test it out all by himself. Due to his special needs, he sometimes misses out on some outdoor responsibilities, so I thought this would be great for him. He LOVED it!
So now, leave me a comment and tell me why you want to try LifeStraw. I’ll enter you into the giveaway for a FREE one to try out for yourself. Winner will be randomly drawn on August 8.
The LifeStraw® product and information have been provided by Vestergaard. I was provided a LifeStraw free of charge to review, but all opinions and statements are my own.